SaaS Escrow for Public Cloud
Applications hosted within Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
Protecting Hosted Data 24/7
When you transfer your critical data to a SaaS vendor, you want to be sure that in the event of a major technical failure or if they cease operations that you have continued access to your data. Only relying on their backup is not good enough to provide full business continuity.
In the situation where your SaaS vendor is hosting the application within public cloud such as AWS EC2, Azure or Google Cloud, the Escrow London methodology is to create a bespoke solution using a range of modules in which the clients can select the type of protection to include.
Escrow London is leading the way in creating innovative SaaS Escrow solutions that provide actual, ‘real-time’ business continuity in the event of a release. All the Escrow London technical SaaS consultants are AWS or Microsoft Azure certified.
The SaaS Escrow solution for an application hosted within a public cloud will typically include:
- Source code of the application (the source code may be deposited manually or automatically directly from GitHub or a range of other online code repositories)
- Replication of the cloud instances hosted within an account managed by Escrow London. For example, if the cloud vendor is hosting the application within AWS, Escrow London will maintain a dedicated AWS account that contains a working replicated environment of the vendor
- The cloud vendor databases are replicated to a cloud account managed by Escrow London. For example, if the cloud vendor is using Amazon RDS for their database instances, Escrow London will maintain a dedicated AWS account that contains the replicated RDS instances
The SaaS Escrow for public cloud provides a working replication of the vendors cloud application and database that is hosted in a dedicated account managed by Escrow London. This provides the beneficiary with a live or dormant business continuity solution for their SaaS hosted application.
Verification for SaaS Services
Escrow London offers a range of Verification services to provide comfort to the Beneficiary of the usability of the escrow in the event of a release. Our Verification services for applications hosted within a public cloud include:
- Full Verification – Full test of the deposited source code to ensure that it can be re-built into a working application. One of our experienced developers oversees the build process at the developers site to ensure that all the files and documentation required to compile the system are included within the escrow deposit.
- SaaS Verification – This test is performed to simulate a release condition of a SaaS environment. During this process our technical consultant documents the process to deploy the application and database into the public cloud infrastructure.
- SaaS Release Verification – This test is performed to simulate a release condition of a SaaS environment. This process is to ensure that the application is functioning, and that the data is accessible by the end user.
- SaaS Functionality Test (add on to SaaS Release Verification) – The SaaS Functionality Test allows the Beneficiary on a scheduled basis to remotely test the replicated cloud environment managed by Escrow London.
What happens in the event of a release?
In the event of a release situation, there are several options available to the beneficiary to ensure business continuity:
- Escrow London will transfer the public cloud account and access credentials over to the beneficiary
- The instances under the management of Escrow London will be placed into a live state and logon access credentials will be provided to the beneficiary. This option allows the beneficiary to continue to work on the platform for an interim period until a replacement solution is found
SaaS Financial Alerts
In addition to the SaaS Escrow service, we offer a Financial Alert Monitoring service to ensure that the SaaS vendor is up to date with their vendor payments. More information can be found here