Escrow Solutions for AWS Hosted Applications
Protecting AWS Applications and Data 24/7
Escrow London is leading the way in creating innovative AWS Escrow solutions that provide actual, ‘real-time’ business continuity in the event of a release. Escrow London maintains a team of AWS certified solution architects who have intimate knowledge of AWS services and are experts in creating replicated AWS environments for recovery.
The AWS Escrow solution for an application hosted within AWS would typically include all or some of the following components:
Verification for SaaS Services
Escrow London offers a range of Verification services to provide comfort to the Beneficiary of the usability of the escrow in the event of a release. Our Verification services for applications hosted within AWS include:
- Full Verification – Full test of the deposited source code to ensure that it can be re-built into a working application. One of our experienced developers oversees the build process at the developers site to ensure that all the files and documentation required to compile the system are included within the escrow deposit.
- SaaS Verification – This test is performed to simulate a release condition of a SaaS environment. During this process our technical consultant documents the process to deploy the application and database into AWS. If possible a deposit of a CloudFormation template will be included within the scope of this verification.
- SaaS Release Verification – This test is performed to simulate a release condition of a SaaS environment. This process is to ensure that the application is functioning, and that the data is accessible by the end user.
What happens in the event of a release?
In the event of a release situation, there are several options available to the beneficiary to ensure business continuity:
- Escrow London will transfer the AWS account and access credentials over to the beneficiary
- The AWS instances under the management of Escrow London will be placed into a live state and logon access credentials will be provided to the beneficiary. This option allows the beneficiary to continue to work on the platform for an interim period until a replacement solution is found
SaaS Financial Alerts
In addition to the SaaS Escrow service, we offer a Financial Alert Monitoring service to ensure that the SaaS vendor is up to date with their vendor payments to AWS. Escrow London will be assigned various billing permissions allowing Escrow London to step in and make payments on behalf of the Beneficiary. More information can be found here
AWS CloudFormation templates deposited in escrow can greatly assist in the speed of recovery in the event of a release situation. To learn more about AWS CloudFormation watch the video.